Do you want to make our cities more sustainable? Join us at LimeBike, where we are building an exciting new business using bikes to make cities more livable and more sustainable!Backed by top-tier venture capital firm A16Z and headquartered in Silicon Valley, LimeBike is committed to solving the last-mile transportation problem with our innovative dockless bike sharing program. Our bike sharing program allows riders to unlock any LimeBike using our mobile app, ride to anywhere they want, and park anywhere they like. We are rapidly expanding in California and will quickly launch in other cities across the nation.
If you want to be part of a team that is revolutionizing urban transportation, making it more affordable and accessible; if you have strong product marketing experience working on new product launches and making a big impact; if you love owning and solving complex problems in unpredictable environments, this is the right job for you!
About the Role
The LimeBike City General Manager is a key strategic leader for LimeBike. This role is responsible for overall market leadership and growth, and a key piece of our success.
LimeBike city GMs are strategic, big-picture professionals accountable for their own P&L and team. This includes not only financial management but also team leadership across functions (including partnerships, operations and local promotions). A successful LimeBike GM will not only ensure operational excellence but will also be the finger on the local market pulse, identifying new opportunities for growth as well as building and maintaining partnerships. Most of all, the city GM is able to adapt to changing environments quickly and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty!
• Oversee end-to-end local operation including marketing, recruiting, operations, business development, PR, policy, communications, and much more.
• Responsible for recruiting and growing local team.
• Responsible for local level business expansion.
• Planning, executing and meeting quarterly goals on key business metrics.
• People first: you’ll have a relentless focus on making the LimeBike experience as good as it can possibly be for our staff members. This will include identifying areas for operational improvement as well as identifying new opportunities to reach potential candidates and to grow relationships with existing members.
• Business expertise: you will own your market P&L and will be responsible for financial optimization. We prefer that you will have had some prior P&L responsibility in a similar organization, but not required.
• Team building & management skills: you are responsible for overall team success, including finding key teammates, managing, and helping the team grow. You know how to bring out the best in people, and are always looking for great new team members. You create and nurture a team-first, growth-oriented organization.
• Partnership development: You’ll develop and enrich our partnerships with local governments, businesses, and NGOs.
• Land and expand: beyond just operating our existing network, you will be responsible for identifying and executing upon regional growth opportunities.
• Experienced: 3-5 years of demonstrated success in retail management / sales / general operations / technology, ideally in a startup or other fast-changing environment. MBA preferred, but not required.
What we offer
• Competitive compensation package including Base salary + Equity - negotiable.
• Flexible hours - We don’t value face time as much as getting things doneMedical, dental, vision, and more.
• Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth.
• Monthly team bike rides.
• Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
• Work with a team of fun and motivated coworkers.
LimeBike provides the most affordable and city-friendly bike sharing network available. We aim to improve urban mobility and reduce congestion, unshackled from public subsidies for operation and expensive docking stations.