We aspire not only to make people more successful by using technology to improve their thinking but also to build an incredible company while doing so. We’re looking for a talented technical leader to drive Evernote’s award-winning Windows desktop engineering team. Evernote teams are small, we move quickly, and craft software that millions of people around the world love and use daily.
You own complex technical projects which span multiple teams from planning through execution and support adoption of software engineering standard methodologies.
Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of high quality software releases. Constantly evaluate our success and lead change when necessary.
You will define evaluation criteria for new technologies and software development techniques, and drive their adoption when appropriate
We want someone who will provide leadership, skills development opportunities, and mentoring to engineers, in addition to finding, hiring and retaining the best technical talent
You will assess and handle product risks including handling engineering schedules, while minimizing technical debt and improving the quality of the technology
• You've led and motivated entire technical teams as a manager or tech lead
• You've earned a BS or MS in Computer Science
• You've built software from the ground up in a rapid development environment using Agile, Scrum, and/or other modern software development methodology
• Extraordinary engineering background and extensive experience with C++
• Background in Win32 development
• Deep understanding of client-server architectures and associated software design patterns
• Strong technical management experience to draw upon
• Excellent verbal and written communicator
• Ability to clearly distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team
• We are looking for someone who supports team career growth and job happiness
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Evernote transforms the way you work. We design products that fuel inspiration for your projects, from start to finish. With Evernote, collect and organize material that molds your work. Easily find everything when you need it, from handwritten notes to photos. As your project takes shape, present it to colleagues. Turn notes into a beautiful presentation you can display in a screen-friendly format. Our goal is to make you work smarter. Our job is to make sure you get there.